We generally do a one day retreat every full moon, and a seven day retreat on the solstices and equinoxes. In the summer we also do a series of forest retreats. All retreats are offered on a donation basis and follow the same schedule from 5am to 9pm every day. If you cannot attend a whole retreat, it is sometimes possible to come for part. Please let us know ahead of time if you are interested.
You can also read our previous Retreat Poems
We are planning a Solstice Retreat this December, probably at the Korean Temple in Ranier, Oregon. Contact us soon if interested.
- Seven day Equinox Retreat near Rainer Oregon September 21st-27th, 2010.
- One day Full Moon Sitting Monday July 26th 7:30am-4:30pm.
- One Day Solstice Retreat Monday June 21st 7am-4:30pm
- One Day Full Moon Retreat Thursday May 27th 7am-4:30pm
- One Day Full Moon Retreat Monday April 28th 7am-4:30pm
- One Day Full Moon Retreat Monday March 29th 7am-4:30pm
- Seven day retreat March 11th-17th
- One Day Full Moon Retreat Friday January 29th
- Half day retreat everyday January 16th-21st from 5am-2pm
- One Day New Moon Retreat January 15th 5am-9pm.
- Full Moon/New Year’s Eve one day retreat from 5am-5pm
- Seven Day Solstice/ Buddha’ s Awakening Retreat December 16th-22nd, 2009
Sample Retreat Schedule (each retreat might vary):
- 4:50 Wake
- 5:00 108 prostrations/Sitting/Chanting/Sitting
- 6:40 Open practice (walking, sitting, yoga, qi gong, etc…)
- 8:oo Breakfast (oryoki) and break
- 9:10 Tea / Sitting x3 (possible talk during second sitting period)
- 12:00 Open Practice
- 12:30 Lunch (oryoki) and break
- 2:00 Tea
- 2:15 Sitting x3
- 4:30 Chanting / Open Practice
- 6:o0 Evening Snack / Sitting x3 (possible talk during second sitting )
- 9pm Nine Bows
- If you have never participated in one of our retreats, please schedule an orientation.
- Sitting periods are approximately 40 minutes.
- Times are approximate
- Retreats are silent except during talk/question and answer periods.